Who We Are
About Blooming Buds:
•Bilingual educational community where children learn English and Putonghua.
•Providing interactive learning experiences for children to become self-directed learners playing an active role in their acquisition of knowledge.
•Parent empowerment through information shared in playgroup classes, regular workshops and other home-school partnership efforts to support you in becoming an effective developmental partner for your child.
•Blooming Buds’ programs are tailored with Hong Kong’s unique and diversified cultural identity in mind.
Blooming Buds is a bi-lingual learning community inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach to early childhood education.
Reggio Emilia approach was identified as the best and most innovative preschools in the World by Newsweek 1991
About Reggio Emilia Approach:
•Founded in 1940s by Loris Malaguzzi and parents of villages in the city of Reggio Emilia, Italy.
•Influencing infant, toddler and preschool programs in leading corporations; including Google and World Bank.
•Viewing children as competent individuals who build upon their knowledge through experiences and social interactions with more advanced learners.
•Recognizing the importance of parental partnerships and the environment as a third teacher.
•Promoting a lifelong passion for learning and exploration.
Makes the Difference
Make a Difference in Life
- A cooperative community that inspires to build a solid foundation for effective learning and parenting through an innovative approach to early childhood education
A Community for Exploration
- The school: an enriching and fun environment where everyone enjoys being together to explore and celebrate learning
- Teachers: the nurturers to guide children to grow and optimize their individual potential
- Children: the agents to explore, discover, create and bloom
- Parents: the partners to facilitate developments of their children while growing together
Ignite the Passion of Lifelong Learning
- Excite children’s curiosity and self-motivation
- Engage children in relevant activities to stimulate interest
- Flexible teaching style geared towards building on the strengths, thoughts and ideas of each child
- Be positive towards mistakes
- Learn from others’ strengths, knowledge and skills within the community
Two “I”s + Three “C”s
- Inclusivity: the education of children and encompassment of families to create an environment that inspires a lifelong passion for learning
- Individuality: the respect and acceptance of differences, every voice to be treasured and listened
- Curiosity: the basic human nature that motivates learning
- Creativity: the ability to create and see things through different perspectives
- Charity: the social value of contributing one’s personal strength to support others and to give back to the community
Explore a Flourishing Future
- To the children: prepare children to become strong, confident individuals who are passionate to learn and give back to the community with their strengths
- To the parents: empower parents through a transfer of knowledge to nurture their children’s long-term growth
- To the caregivers: equip caregivers, such as family members and domestic helpers, with the skills and ability to support parents in taking care of the children’s learning outside of the classroom
Blooming Buds Graduates Go To
Small World Christian Kindergarten
Highgate House Kindergarten
St. Paul’s Kindergarten Victoria (Belcher) Kindergarten
Kau Yan School – Kindergarten
Rhenish Mission School St. Claire’s Primary School-Kindergarten
Hong Kong Man Sang Kindergarten
British Council International Preschool
Caritas Ling Yuet Sin Kindergarten
King’s College Old Boys’ Association
Primary School No. 2
Canadian International School
Hong Kong International School
International Montessori School (IMS)
German Swiss International School
Hong Kong Academy
Island Waldorf School